The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
The cheapest one here: Easyboot Glove EasyCare, Inc (Equine - Horse Tack Supplies - Sports Medicine - Barefoot Boots) You may want to consider adding power strap: Easyboot Power Strap EasyCare, Inc (Equine - Horse Tack Supplies - Sports Medicine - Barefoot Boots

Now the Gloves should fit perfectly. Otherwise you gonna loose them. So first order the fit kit before ordering actual boots: EasyCare Fit Kit | Glue-On & Glove Fitting Tool | EasyCare Inc. I thought my qh has perfect fit for Easyboot, but then I ordered the kit and it didn't fit her really well. So I ended up getting Edge.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I didn't know about the fit kit!!

So should I get my farrier to trim just before I measure? Sorry probably a stupid question.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
No question is silly - it's better to ask then be sorry. :)

They suggest to measure it right after the trim. However I run into the problem when you check the size right after the trim, but then have issues to put it on say 6 weeks later (I go on 8 weeks trim schedule and they grow pretty fast in summer). Because the boots are too small. :) So if I'd suggest to measure somewhere in mid between the trims and right after the trim. So you'll know how much they grow and won't order say size 1, but in 4 weeks your horse is size 2. You can still rasp off the edges without ruining the balance if your horse grew too much foot (if you know how to do that). Other boots (like Edge, Bare, Epic) are more forgiven if you go little bigger size, but from what I was told Gloves should be really like gloves so you have to have those ideal hoofs.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have another question! Would you only get the fronts, or get all 4 boots?

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.