The Horse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to be sure people who use Endomondo to track their rides saw the sad news that it's being discontinued on December 31st. I know I've recommended it on here a bunch of times, so wanted to pass this along: https://support.endomondo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016251359-Endomondo-Will-Be-Retired

Apparently Under Armour sold it and another product and the new buyer is shutting it down. They are recommending that people download the Map My Run app and transfer their Endomondo data there. Instructions are in that article I posted above^^. I know my lovely husband likes Map My Run as an actual runner, so this may not be a bad thing. I'm not sure if Map My Run has a riding option, not that it really matters if you just want a way to track mileage I suppose.

I've also been using Equilab this summer and there are things I like about that too, so may just stick with that. My only hesitation is that, more than other mileage trackers I've tried over the years, Equilab seems to randomly stop in the middle of a ride. I'm not sure if I'm accidentally interfering with it if I take the phone out of my pocket for a picture, or to check speed, or something like that, but I don't 100% trust it to record the whole ride.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
more than other mileage trackers I've tried over the years, Equilab seems to randomly stop in the middle of a ride.
I have had the same problem. I, too, thought I was poking things by accident when taking pics so made a point to go out with my separate camera a couple times (so my phone never came out of my pocket at all). It still stopped for no apparent reason.

As a random aside, the "transition" thing on Equilab is pretty amusing.. I always have hundreds of transitions, so I have no idea what I am doing (or maybe that is a comment on my lack of ability to maintain a steady pace??).

·
Registered
668 Posts
Dang just when I started getting used to using it it's going to go away. Thanks for the heads up I really appreciate it!!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I heard this and am disappointed. I really like Endomondo and rely on it for my rides and hiking. Does "Map my Run" work without phone service? Where I am the phone does not work, but Endomondo's GPS usually does.

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I heard this and am disappointed. I really like Endomondo and rely on it for my rides and hiking. Does "Map my Run" work without phone service? Where I am the phone does not work, but Endomondo's GPS usually does.
I think Map My Run should work when there’s no service-I know there’s no service along the route my husband runs and he hasn’t mentioned it being a problem.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I know a lot of people doing the Warhorse challenges this summer liked the Addidas tracker. I know it has a riding option for activity and it was supposedly reliable by those who have been using it.

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As a random aside, the "transition" thing on Equilab is pretty amusing.. I always have hundreds of transitions, so I have no idea what I am doing (or maybe that is a comment on my lack of ability to maintain a steady pace??).
My funniest experience with it is that for some reason, when I get off and walk with Fizz, it records that as cantering. I must have a "rolling" walk! And, the slowest "canter" ever!

@QueenofFrance08 , hadn't heard of the Addidas tracker so thanks for the rec, I will check it out.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
My funniest experience with it is that for some reason, when I get off and walk with Fizz, it records that as cantering. I must have a "rolling" walk! And, the slowest "canter" ever!
Same here!!!!

And am I the only one experiencing this with Equilab? While riding it will show me a certain mileage, but then when I finish the ride and save, it knocks off up to 2 miles...

Aaand the first loop at Bigfoot was apparently only 0.7 miles o_O

1 - 10 of 10 Posts