The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...I am showing my horse in some English halter/showmanship classes and have a question about his mane & tail.

As for his mane, Is a running braid acceptable or does it need to individual braids? Is a plaited tail acceptable for those classes? I want him to look the very best he can!!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
361 Posts
If i was showing in a rated Model Hunter I would do a Hunter Braids and a Tail Plait. If I am doing an unrated or open show with no USEF or other H/J association rating I keep my mane pulled and neat but unbraided, same with the tail.

·
Registered
979 Posts
If i was showing in a rated Model Hunter I would do a Hunter Braids and a Tail Plait. If I am doing an unrated or open show with no USEF or other H/J association rating I keep my mane pulled and neat but unbraided, same with the tail.
Same here :D I tried to get away with no braiding at state last year but 'mom' made me. I didn't do english halter or showmanship but did o/f anyways my point of posting is you can always call managment and has if they have any rules that prevent you from doing one type of braid over another?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.