The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Beautiful horse. I don't really think there is any reason that you can't do both english riding and halter classes if you want to. His confo is solid. Is the ground in the first pic uneven? He looks really downhill in that one but doesn't in any of the others. Other than being downhill in the first pic, there is nothing at all that I see wrong with his confo. He is certainly an eye-catcher. I love that bleach mark on his left side as well. :D

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
I think he would do well in either, really...He has really nice conformation.

·
Registered
523 Posts
he's overbent and not tracking up in the second pic, otherwise he looks like he could do either style!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow thanks guys, i geuss i picked out the right halter horse for me... thanks again!!! :)

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I think you could try both. If you get him trained well to go both ways, that will increase his value if you ever sell.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well at our first show i did and got 2nd in both english type and western type @ halter. so i dident realy get the chance to tell so i was asking what you guys all thought!! in the pic i posted is what i wear so i can go in both if english is first i just go in and then ask for the tack change run to the trailer switch to the halter and though on the cowboy hat!! lol:D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
He is a nice looking, thick boy. I think he would do fine any most things :)

However, he is very, very behind the verticle. He will be happier (and place better) If you ask him to stretch into the contact, not tuck away from it

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He is a nice looking, thick boy. I think he would do fine any most things :)

However, he is very, very behind the verticle. He will be happier (and place better) If you ask him to stretch into the contact, not tuck away from it

well for this comming year i will be doing mostly halter. i just got him in oct. 09 and i will only be doing the w/t classes untill i can get him working better for me. im taking me time with him to train him the right way not just throw him in rideing classes and hope that i place. not happening..lol thats why comformationlly i wanted to know how he was going to be for halter..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.