The Horse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really struggling to find comfortable, flattering riding clothes!! I ride hunter/jumper, and everything is low-rise breeches and tightly-fitted shirts. I want to look polished and feel good during my lessons and rides, but I'm a US size 12/14 and the low waistbands and tight shirts are just not the way to do that. Does anybody have any ideas or brand recommendations?

·
Super Moderator
26,805 Posts
I have the Kerrit brand in boot cut (Black). I use them when I show western (under my chaps). The pair I have has a higher wast and flattens me. I have used them under my english boots as well. If I ever show english again - I will probably try a pair of these as well in the beige.

riding-breeches

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
I have found that Piper breeches (from smartpak) are quite generous in the waist area and they come in higher rises as well. In addition, their knit breeches are comfy like tights (think yoga pants), but they are substantial enough to smooth things out...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey! I'm a plus-size English rider too, although considering the average size in the horse world seems to be six and under I doubt either of us are actually plus-sized. Anyways- I've also been struggling to find riding clothes, specifically high-waisted breeches, but I do have this one high-waist pair I absolutely love. Here's the link. I'm a 14/16 and got a large; they fit me perfectly and go up to around my belly button. Hope this helps <3

edit: completely forgot to mention that they're only around $25!

·
Super Moderator
12,336 Posts
Just google ladies high waist riding breeches. Plenty will come up. I like kerrits and tuffrider. Prices range from $20 to $120 and more. Ask if there is a consignment or tack/equestrian supply store what they carry or could order.

·
Super Moderator
14,386 Posts
I've heard people mention these places when they searched for riding clothes not skimpy on the cut...
Disclaimer: I've never bought from any of these places but have read reviews..no affiliation or $ for offering their names!

I also found that looking in the more expensive brands made a difference in cut and fit.
You spend a bit more, yes...but because you aren't stressing the material or seams it looks better, feels better on and it lasts longer.
Tailored Sportsman and Harry Hall breeches I found had nice sizing of at the waist or high-waist if that is what you search for.
Event their "low-rise" was not impossible, but I don't like low rise in riding clothes...
I want full coverage and comfort 4-way stretch of material so no binding...
That goes for undergarments too...no panty lines when you wear a brief under those breeches...looks so much nicer. ;)
Good luck in your search.
🐴...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts