The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I wanted to be in touch with you to get your feedback.
I am currently working on a new technology startup that would be used to trade horses in safe, secure and much more transparent way.

as you are aware, there are many issues when it comes down to buy and sell horses. We have all heard many issues about the industry: whether this comes down to money laundering, corruption, scams, horses sold after being drugged, horses sold after being stolen, etc.

Many many problems are on the market, so here would be my question:
As an owner, buyer or rider: What scams have you been the victim of, or heard someone you know been victim of?

In an ideal world, if you had to use a digital platform to buy horses what would you do? What informations and features would you like to have access to before buying your horse? (you can be creative here)
This is just a focus group, I am trying to bring together as many insight from people to be able to build the best solution possible!!

This will be probably be the first message among many others, thank you very much for your help and I am looking forward to hear your insight and ideas!!!

All the best,

Marie

Registered
A girl I know bought a horse sight unseen and was told it had no vices. It was a chronic cribber.

She proceeded to sell that horse as "never bolted" when I know for a fact that it did (as it bolted with me, her, and two mutual friends). I lost a lot of respect for her the day I saw it advertised that way.

In an ideal world, there would be big fines and potentially even jail time for misrepresenting a horse for sale.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is what I am working at.
I am working on a solution that ensures traceability and validation of all horses before being bought.

Registered
There is no way to guarantee such things barring spending weeks in their presence and putting them through all sorts of situations.

Horses are living animals with personalities and moods. They are not a piece of equipment like a car or tractor that you can inspect the parts and guarantee everything will work properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.