The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me, my mom, my sister, and possibly a friend are going to Equine Affaire in Ohio next spring. For anyone who's ever gone-what all is there to see/do? What do you recommend we see? Any tips?
Or if you would like to briefly describe your experience, that would be great!

·
Registered
10,490 Posts
Print out the schedule online when it becomes available. Circle the clinics you want to audit and look at a map to make sure you're not walking a mile between every session. There are a lot of arenas, and navigating can be confusing if you've never been there before.

There's a ton of fair food, so bring cash. The trade center has a few hundred booths that will keep you occupied for hours. Most accept debit/credit cards.

I highly encourage you to see Fantasia at night. It's amazing and worth every penny. It showcases everything from circus riding to natural horsemanship to GP dressage to drill team. It's my favorite part every year.

My friend rode there with Jan Ebeling last year. She's trying to get in with Jimmy Wofford this year. They always have great clinicians.

It's a lot of fun!

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
I agree with printing out a schedule and a map. I also suggest bringing a shopping list with price points on each item. I found that two days is better than one because the first day I am so overwhelmed by all the options that I need to sit and consider things before actually purchasing.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We will be leaving Thursday afternoon, and seeing that it's an 8 hour drive, we'll start first thing Friday. We'll be there Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning.
We definitely plan on seeing Fantasia. I've been watching videos of some of the performers and it looks fantastic! I think we're doing that Saturday night.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
10,490 Posts
We usually come Friday afternoon, spend some time at the trade building and then watch fantasia. We stay in a hotel and spend Saturday at the fairgrounds to watch clinics and do more shopping.

I liked sitting in the middle of the long sides of the arena rather than the short ends, but anywhere is fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.