The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
629 Posts
I was wonder what your opinion of a equine chiropractor is. I am thinking about getting my horse adjusted but wanted to hear from other people first.
Our opinions are of no use to you. Whether we support it or not, doesn't guarantee you or your horse a good result.

If you require input from others, then it's best to talk to people locally who you know and respect, AND who have used the chiropractors in your area as they will also be references to satisfied or dissatisfied results.

It would also behoove you to research it via some medical texts and talk to the chiropractors themselves and get their input on their specialty. That way you can make the most informed choice.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Our opinions are of no use to you. Whether we support it or not, doesn't guarantee you or your horse a good result.

If you require input from others, then it's best to talk to people locally who you know and respect, AND who have used the chiropractors in your area as they will also be references to satisfied or dissatisfied results.

It would also behoove you to research it via some medical texts and talk to the chiropractors themselves and get their input on their specialty. That way you can make the most informed choice.
I am not sure I understand your response. She is not asking about a specific doctor, just the idea in general. Any one who has had the experience can answer the question.

We've had horses at our barn adjusted. Some of the results made an amazing difference. Depending on how far out of alignment something was, they may recommend a massage therapist also.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I have found they can work wonders. The trainer I work along side... is also a Chiropractor and massage therapists. He fixed my horses back for me. And since I have had no problems with him bucking. (He used to always buck). It took about 3 visits to finally get him straight. But I have had very good luck with mine. I would suggest.. making sure they have go to school for it. And you should have a massage to. Beacuse if the chiropractor adjust the issues in the skeletal system.. the muscle can actaully push it back out of place.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I have used one a few time on Maddy and it worked wonders. Make sure that you ask your vet or someone who knows to recommend one to you. You don't want to have someone who thinks they are a chiro come out and work on your horse- they need to be licensed and the real thing. Also make sure that you do the follow up apointments- one adjustment doesn't fix everything :D

Good luck!

·
Banned
629 Posts
I am not sure I understand your response. She is not asking about a specific doctor, just the idea in general. Any one who has had the experience can answer the question.
She clearly stated in her opening post...let me quote for you: I am thinking about getting my horse adjusted...

This means that my experience and your experience is irrelevant since we don't live in her area, having never used the services she has available to her.

Therefore, talking to well-respected LOCAL horsepeople AND to the LOCAL chiropractors will yield far better input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.