Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody use one?

Had a lady out to day for the first time to work on my filly, because of the accident, and I am in amazment at the change in her mood, not to mention her gait and relaxation. I noticed she carried her head and neck lower, and she just not nearly as crabby as usual :roll: lol. She was calmer and just basically a lot nicer to be around.

So whats your thoughts?

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
I wasn't sure if I saw and felt results the first time or was just hoping for them, so the second time, I had the massage therapist show me where the knots were, she then worked on the horse and had me touch the areas again to show me they were gone. When I see my horse licking his lips and yawning in pleasure during the massage, I know I'm doing something good for him. I also now know how to work out the knots on my own.

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
I use a massage therapist on my guy. He doesn't necessarily like having actual body work done, but he looooooves having his head/ upper neck region manipulated. I didn't notice any real changes in the way he acted on the ground or in the saddle, but his reactions while hes being worked on tell me he enjoys it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I learned how to do some basic massage (like a sports massage) a little while ago and tried it on my older horse. He really enjoyed having his neck done and he seemed to be happy when I was done. I wasn't able to notice any difference while riding though because he's retired to being a trail horse and he always acts the same on the trails. Of course, I'm not a trained therapist either.

·
Registered
886 Posts
i posted about this before. i was wondering because im probably going to get my certification in a little while. i just need the extra money for it. i didnt know what peoples opinions on them was.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.