The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! i have a bit of an issue that i can't seem to get rid of!:?
i am a hunter jumper and equitation over fences rider and i noticed that when i jump or sometimes even on the flat i tend to turn my toes out. how can i fix this? maybe there are some different types of stirrups i can try? unfortunately this is a habit i am having a very difficult time breaking and it has been the tie breaker between me getting a first and second place in shows :-( i think one of the reasons why i do this is because i am so worried about keeping my heels down that i brace my leg against the stirrup which pushes my heel down, but turns my toe out. but if i don't brace my leg, it feels like my heels aren't down enough. please help!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Hmm...if you're jamming your heel down and that is what's causing it, instead of thinking heels down, think toes up. That will keep your heel down but not cause you to jam. Also, I would try to keep the front part of your leg on the horse a bit more - if you do that, your toes would go straighter I would think. I know George Morris calls this an older but workmanlike style of a two-point. If this is your only problem, you are very lucky! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm...if you're jamming your heel down and that is what's causing it, instead of thinking heels down, think toes up. That will keep your heel down but not cause you to jam. Also, I would try to keep the front part of your leg on the horse a bit more - if you do that, your toes would go straighter I would think. I know George Morris calls this an older but workmanlike style of a two-point. If this is your only problem, you are very lucky! :)
thank you for the advice! ill definitely try that!! :)

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
If you have a link to them (like they are on facebook or photobucket), click in the little image icon (mountain and yellow sky) at the top of the text box and enter the link. Or

If it is downloaded on your computar, click Go Advanced down below. Scroll down, find Attach Files, click Manage Attachments, and find your file and press upload.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.