The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eve has been doing AMAZING lately. I figured out my western saddle really doesn't fit her still growing back so I've been riding bareback for a bit here...but a couple days ago I tried my english saddle on her and I swear it fits like a glove. Allows for free shoulder movement, doesn't move when I mount, and most importantly she's comfortable with it on.

These pics are from 2 days ago, first time trying this saddle and she did awesome!

She picks her knees up so high in the snow!

LOVElovelove this pic!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now some riding pics...she was a doll today! I kept it kinda short, only been riding for maybe 1/2 hour at a time thus far. Going to pick it up to 45 minutes soon though, I think she's ready!

That's all for now, I should have more new pics after the new year! Going for a nice ride tomorrow actually... :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
Gorgeous horse!!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you both, she's a little butt high at the moment but I think she'll even out considering she's only 2 1/2...

·
Banned
1,566 Posts
Where's your helmet?? You are too young to ride without one. It is cold out, snow on the ground and no gloves, not even a hat???:lol:

Nice horse but play safe:)

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Too young? I'm 23 and more than capable of desiding if I need a helmet or not. In new situations I wear one, I wore mine for the initial 6 months of riding I put on her but in the round pen walking and trotting, I think I'm ok. I did have gloves that day, they were just too bulky and messing with my dexterity. I don't know why I skipped the hat though - my ears were freezing!

I hear what you're saying and yes I could be wearing a helmet, when I take her into the paddock this week I will be...but she's got round pen work pretty much down and I'm old enough to deside when to wear one. Thanks to my hoarding mother, I have to FIND my helmet tomorrow before I tack up...thanks for the input though.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Shes coming along so nice! Soo pretty! Have you cantered her yet?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! We were going to ride today but going to get our running around done today so we have more time at the farm tomorrow.

I haven't cantered her yet - waiting for a bit more snow as cushion in case she's feeling frisky that day! For now we're sticking to walk/trot, turning, whoa...the basic stuff. I don't want to push her faster than she's ready for - did that already and trotted her a bit early and got dumped! LOL taking my time with her is best!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you Halfpass, nice to have an online follower to her progress. I see her every time I'm out so of course I value the milestones, but I often overlook the day to day progress...have to make the little things count more!

And I'm not sure off the top of my head what brand of saddle I have...bad, I know, but I'll check for you tomorrow! I know Moki knows what kind it is...so for now, it's the one that fits!

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
She's SO darn cute...if she goes missing Flicka and I didn't do it!!! Tehehehe! :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
how old is she? and what breed is she? she looks a lot like my lizzypony!
:D

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I must say the english saddle looks WAY better on her than my old western...

fizzy - Eve is a 2 1/2 year old Clydesdale/TB filly :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.