The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was wondering if Sally had the right confirmation to event in lower levels of eventing. we have done lots of dressage and flat work (lots) and I think we are ready to move up and jump, however I am really interested in eventing. Sally is very willing and normally cooperative. We do alot of flatwork and dressage so collection is not an issu. My concern is her confirmation. She is an appendix QH (X-race horse), 16hh. Could we pull it off?
P.S her back is quite long
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Any horse can do lower level eventing! I say, go out, start jumping (with an instructor of course) and see if she likes it enough to do some little lower level stuff.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Oh yess. Anyone can do lower leavles, and who knows she could even go to the higher leavels!! It jst depends how well she takes to it. Go for it!

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Hey, I was wondering if Sally had the right confirmation to event in lower levels of eventing. we have done lots of dressage and flat work (lots) and I think we are ready to move up and jump, however I am really interested in eventing. Sally is very willing and normally cooperative. We do alot of flatwork and dressage so collection is not an issu. My concern is her confirmation. She is an appendix QH (X-race horse), 16hh. Could we pull it off?
P.S her back is quite long
Thanks!

I don't think you would have any problems at all. You would be surprised to see some of the conformation of some of the GP horses out there. Some of them have the worst conformation or very BAD conformation faults but with proper training and riding have managed to surpace those faults and do very well.

Good luck with your training.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for your help. I ride at an arabian barn so, compared to every other horse, sally has the bad comformation. It takes some of the weight off my shoulders to know that she really isnt that bad.
thanks so much!

·
Registered
400 Posts
I agree with everyone so far - the wonderful thing about eventing is that ANY horse and rider can go out and do the lower levels, as long as they're dedicated to learning and training! :) Have fun!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree with everyone so far - the wonderful thing about eventing is that ANY horse and rider can go out and do the lower levels, as long as they're dedicated to learning and training! :) Have fun!
Thanks, thats one of the reasons why I started looking into the sport!

·
Registered
323 Posts
my horse is long in the back aswell, he did up to b grade eventing (95cms in height) and i did 6-bar on him over 115cms! so he's no held back by that. his flat work was the hard part coz he's lazy

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my horse is long in the back aswell, he did up to b grade eventing (95cms in height) and i did 6-bar on him over 115cms! so he's no held back by that. his flat work was the hard part coz he's lazy

Our biggest flat work fault would be lifting. Sally just isnt made to be a dressage horse. Oh well, I love her anyway.

Its nice to know I'm not the only one with a long backed horse! hahaha

·
Registered
323 Posts
i have weekly flatwork lessons with a dressage rider and instructor. that was the best thing i ever did. last night was our first lesson for the year and i couldn't believe my horse was doing the movement he was, i got scored 9 out of 10 for out extention!!!! yes he picked up his feet!! :D

do raised trotting poles awell, if u want him to pick up ghis feet do trot poles then lift up one side on one pole then the next on the other side and so on. it helps :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.