The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend was my 5 year old geldings 4th show, and first big show. 3 day show at that. When I first bought him 3 months ago as a barrel prospect, I got told by one person in particular that he'd only be a playday prospect. And told by several others he wouldnt be fast enough, to heavy, turn on his forhand. Needless to say, running with horses and riders who win at our state show, he only dropped back half a second time wise off the fastest time. And stayed consistent all 4 runs. Our best run he ran just a second and a half off the average fastest times in that pen. And today he won the 4D in Open barrels. The best part is he outran the girls horse who said he'd only make a playday horse, all weekend except today but she didn't outrun his fastest time. Her finished horse who she says on her and her friends (the riders) website is a 1D/2D horse. It just amused the heck out of me, for only owning him and only just started loping the barrels 3 months ago he did great. Made my day anyway :) Anyone else just want to say I told you so when you succeed after being told you wont?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
184 Posts
That is sometimes the best feeling.

I had a trainer tell me that my horse would never get Flying lead changes, well he does now with practice and time. They are by no means perfect but it fun to keep practicing.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I was told my silver dapple mare would never do well at a rated show as a pleasure driving horse cause she is "old style mini". Well when I placed 2nd only behind a horse that had better action than mine, they all had jaws hitting the floor. They all respect me now.

Great feeling to be told you can't and prove you can!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was great Drum, funny part I was supposed to meet them. They never said a word to me lol. My first run I sent him flying through the gate because the harder you push him the better he does, my mom and friends thought I was gonna miss the barrel so you don't hear them yell until after I turn it lol. I love my turny little horse.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Good for you!

I get that feeling everytime I see the new owner of the horse I've been riding for the past year.. >.> The words I could say to her, and to her previous owner for selling her to someone she knows will ruin her. .-.

But, good luck as well! I might be showing a little 13.2h pony who I can imagine will kick *** at shows if I show her, even though I guarantee no one but one or two people will believe. :p

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Iseul, this weekend I saw a about 9 hh pony with a 5 yr old boy run 5 seconds off the winning times and a 27 sec pole run. I say anything is good lol
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I'm going to represent the English riders xD I bought my 'rodeo' horse off a girl who used him for the drill team, the lady who was looking at buying him before me passed him up because he would never jump the upper levels. A couple months after we bought him we decided to try him out at a 'local' show (was pretty big, went over four days) and he kicked everyone's bum, and now we're preparing for the 3' - 3'6 show season and he's showing serious potential to go much higher.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
-.- not happy, they lied and said they ran between 2D and 3D. Maybe in Youth class, but this was Open the 4D class. They ran between 3D and 4D like me in Open.

Doesn't affect me, but it does annoy me.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.