The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I just made this new account because I wanted to get back into being involved with the forum.
Recently, my instructor has been having me do a lot more cantering in my lessons. Which would be fine, but I am pretty out of shape and it gets very tiring after a while. I would just practice cantering more, but I can only ride 2-3 times a week so that wouldn't really work.
Are there any exercises that anyone suggests that help with leg/core strength? I just want to be able to canter for longer periods without feeling as tired. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Cantering is tiring.

For my off-horse fitness and strength, I do free workouts from Youtube. My favorite channels at the moment are Barlates Body Blitz (particularly for leg workouts), FIT by Larie (various strength training workouts), Five Parks Yoga, Tom Merrick (for mobility routines), Caroline Girvan (for HIIT workouts and core), and Upright Health (for specific hip and glute strengthening workouts).

I just did this one yesterday from Barlates that I thought had lots of good movements in it for legs for horse riding:

And this one from FIT by Larie:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.