The Horse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just come home from our first club day of Australian Extreme Cowboys(well, Cowgirls, this particular club). Seems like it's our kind of horse sport! :happydance:

As it's a recent 'blow in' from USA, I'm banking most of you mob from over there have at least heard of it. It's focused more towards fun - for the horse too, even at competition level, than most horsey competition sports I've experienced. :clap: Bit like the Mountain Trail Horse or Working Equitation:charge: obstacle stuff, but (at competition level) it's a speed event.:racing:

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Sounds like a whole lot of fun! I'd love to be part of a club like that someday :)

·
Super Moderator
22,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, bit too busy Tiny, and my fone went flat as I arrived there, so not even any pics. But one of the members was sans-horse today & getting around with a(really nice looking SLR) camera, taking pics of us all, so hope she's putting up the pics to share.

Hey, there were even a few clicker trainers there, which is a novelty for me to find others (aside from here) who even know what that is!

Next month they're not having a regular club meet, because they have a comp on, and the judge is coming over from America - I've heard of Craig Cameron & think he is the one who 'invented' the 'discipline' - his son is coming over to judge. We're not competing but will go watch, so should get a few pics of others at least.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts