The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am planning on trading a bunch of my tack for an Intec close contact saddle. It is in nice condition and the people say that I should have good luck fitting it on Bear (she only has high withered TBs). My current close contact saddle does NOT fit Bear at all. It is made for more of a QH type build.

Here is what the ad says:

" Almost new saddle. Made in Argentina. 17 seat, with original leathers and irons. Medium tree, though this brand of saddle has a tree that is designed to flex to fit many different horses. I bought it brand new and spent about 4 months riding in it, so it is broken in enough to be comfortable but still looks brand new! Definitely nice enough to show in, but affordable enough for everyday use. I have waaaay too many saddles, and need to reduce! I am 57 120lbs. The 17 oddly fits me well. "

I will attach pictures of the saddle to this post. In the next reply I will put what im trading for and post pictures of everything.

PS: If anyone wants a close contact saddle, let me know. ;] I am selling my current one, as I have no use for it anymore, well, besides it being a back up saddle, which I dont need really.

The saddle comes with a nice 50" girth that is leather and show quality, irons and leathers. I will be using the money from my current saddle to buy a bridle and a few other things. =]

317765.jpg

Intec Saddle.jpg

Intec Saddle (1).jpg

Intec Saddle (2).jpg

Intec Saddle (3).jpg

Intec Saddle (4).jpg

Intec Saddle (5).jpg

Intec Saddle (6).jpg

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My tack im planning on trading for the saddle set.

Picture 172.jpg
^^ Schooling pad only. $5
Picture 171.jpg
Picture 170.jpg
Picture 124.jpg
^^ I wouldnt sell it, but it doesnt fit Bear's head. ): includes 5" Tom Thumb and 7' matching reins. $30
Picture 164.jpg
^^ Mattes size "large" corrective half pad. I am only trading it because I need a while half pad. ): I am sad to see it go, as I love it to death! $125
Picture 100.jpg
^^ Brand new (only been used twice) fancy stitch, cheaper bridle. Comes with Reins and 5" (again, might be 4 3/4") eggbutt. $25
Picture 102.jpg
^^ Black dressage bridle with reins and 5" (maybe 4 3/4") eggbutt. Valued roughly at $60
Picture 104.jpg
^^ Horse boots that dont fit Bear's fat legs. ;] Valued roughly at $100

Evens out to $355, which is what she is asking for the saddle set. Seem fair? Do you think I priced things right? I do have a cob sized halter that I can trade too, if you guys think that is more fair. =]

I need replies ASAP!!

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
what kind of saddle do you currently have? what size is it and brand? and how much would you want for it?

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
I am not usually a fan of Argentine made saddles. I find that they are, often, of inferior quality in both workmanship and leather quality. That being said, I am not familiar with that particular brand and that one looks better than many Argentine saddles I've seen. I feel like the value of the gear you are trading may be more than the value of that saddle. AND, you may find it doesn't fit either. You will be out good gear and have a saddle you may have trouble getting rid of.

Look around locally, for saddles you can try on your horse.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, the seller and I have talked everything over.

Mare in foal: I have a 17.5" Weaver Close Contact. Two tone havana. It would come with leathers, irons and 42"(?) girth. Asking $225. =]

Allison: Thank you for answering my question! I had a feeling that what I was trading might be worth more then her saddle. I just realized that the price I gave everyone for the saddle ($350) didnt include girth. Though there is still a chance of things not fitting Bear, there is a pretty good chance it will fit (I have talked to a lot of Intec owners about saddle fit on TBs). If it doesnt fit at all, I know a few people would would probably be totally into buying it, and then I would start saving up for a new saddle that I will have fitted. =]

·
Registered
368 Posts
Iam in the same place as you, High witherd TB thats hard to fit. I just took out a Courbette Aplina and It fits like a glove on my horse. IMO They have narrower trees and thats good for high withers.

I would reccomend you try any saddle before you buy or trade.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I don't know much about saddles, but I don't think I'd put that saddle on my horse's back. Just looking at the underside of it...it looks very uncomfortable. It just doesn't look like high quality leather overall.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Even if the tack you are trading is worth a little more then the saddle, you would still have to sell the stuff and that usually means one piece at a time to different people and boxing and mailing and waiting for someone to actually offer you what you want etc, etc.

This is much cleaner. Items you no longer use for a saddle you need. The dollar value of each is pretty similar when all things are compared.

Good luck!

·
Registered
905 Posts
I'm going to second what Allison Finch said - Argentine made saddles don't have a reputation for being very high quality, although this one is nicer looking than many that I've seen. However, I did a quick google search & found several Intec saddles being sold for around that same price. I found this description for it:
"Lovely close contact designed by Master Saddler Marcel Toulouse and built for Intec Performance Gear. Although the Flex Rider is not widely recognized by the average horseperson, they are a very nicely built saddle that stands shoulder to shoulder with many other well known brand names in the $700-$900 price range. Nicely balanced, deep, wide seat with pencil knee rolls, smooth padded flaps and a 3 finger gullet for clearing the spine."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.