The Horse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right place to post -

Sometimes when I log on to the Horse Forum I am redirected to install a fake Adobe software that I can only assume contains a virus. Does anyone know anything about this?

If it matters, I am using Safari on a MacBook Pro.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Not sure if this is the right place to post -

Sometimes when I log on to the Horse Forum I am redirected to install a fake Adobe software that I can only assume contains a virus. Does anyone know anything about this?

If it matters, I am using Safari on a MacBook Pro.
I have the same issue. It only happens on Horse Forum. I am also using Safari on a MacBook Air.

·
Administrator
3,208 Posts
I assume the url of the page changes when you get those? If so, can you copy and send it my way?

I'd also suggest doing a clean of cookies and cache from your browser, and if they keep coming possibly a Malware Check on your computer. Better safe

Kevin

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@therhondamarie Sorry to hear you're dealing with it too, but glad I am not the only one

I assume the url of the page changes when you get those? If so, can you copy and send it my way?

I'd also suggest doing a clean of cookies and cache from your browser, and if they keep coming possibly a Malware Check on your computer. Better safe

Kevin
Sure, next time it happens I will copy URL

·
Registered
311 Posts
Not sure if this is the right place to post -Sometimes when I log on to the Horse Forum I am redirected to install a fake Adobe software that I can only assume contains a virus. Does anyone know anything about this? If it matters, I am using Safari on a MacBook Pro.
Ex computer tech here. You should grab Adblock Plus or Ublock Origin and install that into Safari. Every browser has its pitfalls, and the most common one is popup blocking and ad-blocking.
https://adblockplus.org/

(If you can't get it directly from that website, it should direct you into how to get it.)
Once you get Adblock Plus on Safari, you'll want to open up the settings for it and disable 'permit acceptable ads'. There's no such thing as an 'acceptable ad'. Cheers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts