The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just wondering what farriers cost in your area. Shoes and a trim?
Prices go from $25-50 here. The highest is getting shoes of course, but I personally like bare hooves unless they need special care.

·
Registered
16,205 Posts
Cheapest trim I've found is $40. Not sure what shoes cost anymore, as my gelding is barefoot, but I know my friend used to pay $75 for fronts only and $120 for a full set.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
$40 for a trim from my farrier. Not sure what shoes would cost.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
My farrier charges $35 for a trim, and $75 for shoes unless your horses needs special shoes, then it's priced accordingly. My horses shoes cost me $90.

·
Banned
568 Posts
Trims are 35 shoes all four with pads 120 just shoes all four 110,my total bill every 4 weeks is 265$ for 2 shoeings all 4, and 1 trim.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
My farrier charges $50 for a trim, $90 for front shoes.

·
Super Moderator
22,891 Posts
Prices go from $25-50 here. The highest is getting shoes of course,
:shock: Wow! I'm coming to your area! Oh wait... I'm a trimmer, so I'll stay here:lol:, where it's between $40-$80(don't get how they justify $80!) for a trim & around $100-120 for shoes.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
I trim our horses, but the going price around here is still $30 for a trim.

·
Registered
326 Posts
$90 for a trim and front shoes. A trim on it's own is $50. I don't know what it costs for a full set of shoes.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
It costs me €25 for fronts/dressing on my horse and the same for DD's pony to get dressed all round. He did try to lower it to €20 each when I had the shoes taken off (wasn't riding him enough to warrant the shoes) but I refused to let him because I know he is already doing me a good deal. Normally it's €30 for a dressing, €50-75 for fronts and €90-120 for a full set all depending on which blacksmith you use.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am from Alberta Canada and I pay $45 for a trim for my mare. I don't shoe her but I think here they range around $100

·
Banned
728 Posts
Fronts only are $150 to $250 depending on what is being done and usually an additional $50 to $75 for the rear. There are plenty of cheap hacks our there, but I would never let them even on my farm, much less touch a horse. While my vet has a magic wand and make just about anything sound for a show/race, I dont need to test his talents by being stupid. For the most part, the barefoot trimmers we have, are the ones without enough talent to manage to get a shoe on, and then you have the one size fits all they hammer the shoe on and trim around it ( those guys are the ones who are taking clients, are cheaper, and will work on garbage stock ).
The few good ones , do not work on garbage ( they expect the horse to stand still and behave ), have not taken in a new client in years, and charge accordingly. These guys are all on good terms with the good vets.

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
My farrier is AWESOME. One of the best around.

He charges $35 for a barefoot trim.
My horse needs a little special care on his front feet (with pads) so a full set of shoes is $95 for him.

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
I trim my own, but every so often I have a farrier check my work, and trim one of my two horses (the other doesn't do well for farriers). It costs between 40 and 60 USD. The price not necessarily a reflection of talent. :)

Reactions: loosie
1 - 20 of 22 Posts