The Horse Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a rescue pony last week. It was very much a load and go type situation. The pony was stressed and being reactive and there was no way that I was going to be able to really assess him there. He settled down on the trailer and I noticed a lump under his right front knee. I wasn't really going to mess with it in the trailer, especially after seeing how reactive he could be so I let it be.
He has already settled down and is acting like a completely different pony (yay!) he's doing really well so far and I am able to mess with his legs a little more without worrying.
The lump is soft and hardly attached to his leg. Its cold, he's not reactive to it at all when I touch it, and he's totally sound on it. I've never really seen anything like it before. Do horses get skin tags? Or maybe its an old injury that healed weird? He is only 2 years old, is UTD on everything and is a healthy boy! I am having my vet out in a couple weeks for a couple of my other horse and I plan on asking her then but I figured I would ask here too lol.
I'll grab a picture of it

·
Registered
Elle, 1997 Oldenburg mare
2,080 Posts
If it's cold and doesn't bother him then it sounds like waiting is probably all right. Beyond that, though, I don't think anyone here could really advise. Some pictures might help, but still, it would be guessing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts