The Horse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 17 year old Oster A5 clippers finally gave out. What should I replace it with?

Must have quiet motor and ability to change/adjust the blades (size 10 & 40.) I just clip legs, heads, ears & bridle path, will never need to do a full body clip.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I love my Andis clippers. I'll look up the model for you, but you can use them corded or cordless (rechargeable battery). The charfe lasts a long time and they take A5 blades. The motor is super quiet. I originally bought them for clipping show steers, and I loved them so much they're my go-to clippers now.

ETA I think the model is AGR
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
607 Posts
If it ain't broke don't fix it. I say get another pair of Oster. That's what I use too and I love them. Andis are great clippers but don't have the torque that the Oster do so they won't last quite as long. The Oster Clipmaster is a great heavy duty large animal clipper if you want something heavy duty.

·
Registered
14,153 Posts
I like 15's for the bridle path, ears, legs, and face. Some like 10's, I don't, even for a body clip, 40's for a surgical clip, all hair is removed, I have no need for that. OP, Oster's are still my favvy brand, they last the longest I have found. Sunbeams are good too, but Oster bought them out, so they are all the same now.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Andis by far. Osters get hot to quick & blow the hair back in ur face. (some models do anyway)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Andis by far. Osters get hot to quick & blow the hair back in ur face. (some models do anyway)
Exactly why I'm in love with the new Osters. They run a lot cooler and don't have the vents on the sides that blow the hair at you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts