The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats everyone's favorite color horse? Solid, Paint, pattern etc. I just think a plain ole sorrel is the prettiest. I don't know what it is I just love them. lol so whats your fav? :runninghorse2:

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
my favorite color is Black Bay and favorite "pattern" is Dun :runninghorse2:.

Here is my favorite black bay :loveshower:. My lil arabian mare La Negra

Attachments

·
Registered
486 Posts
paint blue roan!!! sort of. Honestly i change my mind on this question constantly.... :) I mean, leopard apps are also so drool worthy. And sometimes I like the simplicity of a bay or chestnut.... or a white unicorn.... Gray dapples are adorable... paints with black and white manes....

Seriously.. I can't pick a favorite!!!

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
I like bays and their derivatives, buckskin being a favourite.

My least favourite color is chestnut. For some reason I've got it in my head that chestnuts are, at least more often than not, poorly tempered, flighty or aggressive. Its been my experience that i have never met a chestnut I liked. I've owned two and leased three and none of those are horses I'd like back again. There is a bit of "folk lore" surrounding them, which I'm not sure is true but its interesting.

It makes little sense but I now avoid chestnuts and their derivatives. I'll take a good bay any time.

·
Registered
16,205 Posts
In order, buckskin, brown and bay. No good horse is a bad color, but I like those three the best.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: KigerQueen

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I LOVE the dapple greys! :loveshower:

·
Registered
979 Posts
I'm not picky, as long as it has a black mane and tail. It's weird, but the only time I like chestnut better is when the horse has an appaloosa blanket on its bum.
I also have a thing for tobianos.

Not crazy about double dilutes, blue eyes, bald faces, or most of the "fancy" colors like amber, champagne, pearl etc.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
I don't think there's anything prettier than a sorrel with a little bit of chrome. Preferably a star and a white sock or two.

Colorwise this mare was my perfect choice.

002_3A.jpg

Another so you can see her sock.

Picture 006.jpg

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
I know Haffieluver, I wish I still had her because she was one good horse all the way around. I bought her as a yearling and she lived out her life with me.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Black, definitely. True, non bleached out black with the right white markings. Next would be bays- a wild type bay or red bay being my favorite, but a darker brown-bay is also nice. A darker, rich red chestnut also appeals to me. Darker buckskins aren't bad either, but I don't like buttermilk buckskins.

Least favorite would definitely be grays. Actually, I am quite fond of horses early on in the graying out process up until they're still fairly dark, but I see no appeal in them once they're mostly white. Next on my "not favorite" list would be cremellos, followed by palominos (especially light palominos... I don't really mind the dark ones). While I like nice, dark red chestnuts I'm not big on the lighter, orangey chestnuts.

I'm not overly fond of pintos or horses with excessive facial white- particularly when it goes over one or both eyes. That said, I do love chrome on a horse. It's a fine line with me- I would rather a plainly marked horse than one with markings I consider excessive, but the right amount of face and leg markings (extending below the hocks and knees) are my favorite. I absolutely loved my boy's big off-centered blaze that narrowed about halfway up. Same thing with both color and markings- I would not pass on the right horse because I didn't like either of those aspects. I would rather have the perfect gray than a black horse that wasn't a perfect match for me.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Oh, I also have dream of blanket appaloosas. It must be the Native American in me :wink: The horse of my people!

EDIT: I now have the undying urge to buy a blanket appaloosa and a matching Native American outfit to go with it and ride around in the ditches pretending like it's the year 1800.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.