The Horse Forum banner

Favorite Turnout Sheet.

703 5
Looking to buy a waterproof turnout sheet for my horse for rainy days to keep him dry. I have a tough-1 and it's pretty much junk. I had to waterproof it myself and it doesn't do that great of a job also is super thin and could tear easy.
Soooo..............what turnout sheets do you like and have worked well?!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Administrator
37,343 Posts
I must say that what I love on one horse doesn't fit another one so well so its another of those 'it depends' things
Schneider Saddlery do a very good range of blankets and sheets to suit different shaped horses, they stand up really well to wear and tear and the price is pretty good
I do have a Big D Magnum turnout sheet on 'K' that I think I like about the best of all the one's I own, it fits great, waterproofing seems to be working and she hasn't destroyed it yet

· Registered
290 Posts
I too was thoroughly disappointed in the one tough-1 rainsheet I bought. I love Shedrow and Weatherbeeta. All of mine have been of good quality and waterproof like they advertise. Upside to the Shedrow is they are definitely cheaper than the "higher end" brands like Weatherbeeta.

· Registered
5,662 Posts
Id go with weatherbeeta or Saxon. Personally, I have Saxons, they are a on the less expensive side but hold up really well. Mine are on their second year, but we have had them for our lesson horses and they seem to last long while. And that's with going on and off multiple horses!!
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.