The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Favourite Breeding Stud?

4K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  HorsePride 
#1 ·
#2 ·
#4 ·
I like all of the horses High Point Hanoverians offers, my favorites being DeLaurentis & Furst Impression.

My FAVORITE though is Coromino (Oldenburg), like an above poster, I'm biased because I have an 8 month old filly by him :)
Here's the big guy:

#5 ·
For me it is not about the stallion. Dose not matter how good a stallion is if you do not have a really good mare, the right mare, you are not going to end up with a really good prospect. I find the mare so much more important then the stallion. Even when I am looking at stallions I look at their dam and their tail line before their sire.

#9 ·
Curlin!

One word: Curlin. He is at stud at Lane's End. He just had his first foal, a filly, about a week ago. I remember when he was racing he was my all-time favorite. He has an amazing pedigree and conformation. Stud fee is $60,000. But you would expect that from a horse who made over 10 million... Can't wait until he and Rachel Alexandra have a foal! Here is his link:
Lane's End Stallions: Curlin

#11 ·
Hmm, here are some of mine

Rocko's Gold, Welsh B stallion (love him so much I found a daughter of his to buy! Wanted one who was half arab, found her and snatched her up :) )
Rocko's Gold

JPJ Minstril Palo, SE Arabian (my mare is being bred to him next month)
About

Alvadars Double Destiny, Miniature (I have a granddaughter of his since I love him so much)
Alvadars Double Destiny

Lost Spokes Winter Dream Catcher, Miniature
stallions

Wedderlie Mardi Gras, Welsh B
Family Partners Welsh Ponies - *Wedderlie Mardi Gras - Section B Welsh Pony stallion at stud

#12 ·
I agree, there are probably to many good studs of different breeds to list, so I will go ahead and post my two favorite studs in perspective of what I like right now in consideration of breeding my Arabian mare:

www.KhartoonKhlassic.com
Khartoon Khlassic
He's my favorite Arabian stud at the moment because he embodies a conformation type that seems to be fading fast, that of a thicker built sporty type as opposed to the halter type. It seems more and more even performance Arabs are looking more like halter Arabs, and I need big sturdy Arabs to stay sound for me, not pretty pasture ornaments. His color, to be perfectly honest, is simply a bonus. I would not care a whit if a foal by him didn't have color.

http://www.TrueColorFarms.com
Guaranteed Gold
Haha, shameless plug for TrueColors! He is the only other stallion in consideration, and again, he embodies a presence as a Thoroughbred that I personally believe is ridiculously hard to find. His foals are nothing but a top notch testament to his prowess as a breeding sire of athletic performance horses, regardless of what breed he is crossed on.

#18 ·
Me too. In the next five years I will have a foal from either Anton or Brandus. I want one from Brandus. I adore that stallion but he's in the Netherlands and his shipped semen is very expensive on top of the shipping.

Approved stallions never do live cover. Too much risk as they are very rare. Anton is in Wisconsin and I do love him too. So it will probably be Anton. Can't complain.

IF I can't afford either, both stud fees are well past 2000 diollars I may get a foal sired by my dear brother Keegan. :)

I'm fond of him too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.