The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to know what you guys think about theses two types of grains..the first type is called moorglo and its made by ADM feeds..the other grain is called cadence tm its make by buckeye feeds...i am just wondering if you guys like it and if you would suggest feeding it to a 4 year old tb mare thats in training for barrel racing?.....also what do you guys think of natures blend 11% pelleted? thanks

·
Registered
291 Posts
I never seen or fed any of these feeds. I've heard of Moorglo, but it's not sold around here. All we've got is Purina, Nutrena, Platform, and Dumor. But I stick to Purina :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'm not a fan of Buckeye feeds. My horses did awful on it.
I haven't heard of the other feeds you mentioned, so cant comment.

I have had great success with Purina feeds, I like the variety they have, and I also like the support that you can get from their nutritionists if you need.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
I loved Ultium (purina?) when I used it for one of my horses who was hard to keep weight on; I could feed a decent amount, without him getting hot. :D

I have only heard about the feeds you have mentioned, but haven't used any of them...sorry I'm not of much help...

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
I used Buckeyes fro while, but my local shop doesn't carry it anymore (it's not popular around here). So I switched to Triple Crown. I can't tell bad or good - they did fine on it. Similar feed by Purina is like $7 more in same store, so that's why I went with Triple Crown eventually.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.