The Horse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've recently decided to buy a 5 year old tb mare that we've been looking after for a while, she's not as hard a keeper as some, but she is naturally excitable when she's around other horses.

I was looking for some suggestions on any calmative supplements, or something that would take a little bit of fizz out of her so my Mum can eventually ride her.

At the moment she's on full turnout, being fed a large biscuit of lucerne hay nightly, 1kg of EasiResponse cubes, and a big scoop of oaten chaff.

She's coming back into work as we hadn't been paid agistment in 3 months, so while we were still feeding and looking after her, I wasn't wanting to put the time in on a horse that could be picked up at any time and us being left in debt

Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi, i haven't used this but my friend uses NAF 'Magic' calmer in her feed to try and calm her nervy TB X down, it seems to work well, but one i have used is OXYshot it works brilliantly, however i don't recommend it for jumping over 1m as it can make them a little too dozy and led to accidents over the big jumps, it is vet approved and made of natural substances, this website explains how it works

Welcome to the official home of OxyShot with CSO2?.

so pherhaps give your TB some before your mum rides her it works very quickly. Also pherhaps leave the cubes out of her feed if you now your mum is riding the day after :) The slight problem is that i don't know if you can get either of these products in Australia as I am in England, might be worth finding out though

Good luck with your mare :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts