The Horse Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know, I really would not want to be starting out with horses these days, lollollol

Half of what new owners need to learn these days, many of us old timers and long timers take for granted - we just do things without thought, lollol

There is so much to learn that we didn’t even think about back in the 50’s, 60’s or even 70’s, that it’s eye twirling, lollol

In the old days, the horse either went barefoot or got put in shoes. Nowadays there are not only boots but a bazillion different makes and styles:dance-smiley05:

Heh...If you think boots are bad, you should see the chemistry lab I call a feed room! And the older the horses get, the more complicated it is to feed them!

·
Super Moderator
14,695 Posts
Heh...If you think boots are bad, you should see the chemistry lab I call a feed room! And the older the horses get, the more complicated it is to feed them!

Now that ^^^^ comment is a wonderful topic for a new thread...

Horses been around for hundreds of years doing our bidding...
Healthy and happy a animal...
Till we, the human, put the twist of this or that to so much and now it is so complicated...
Theory of less is often better and more sometimes truly is best for the animal.
We interfere an awful lot in what the animals are presented to eat as "must have"...
Do they?
Do they really need or do we need to feel we know better so add this, that, something else, something else again and again and again....
Now that is a topic...

Actually, think I will start a thread dogpatch with your comment and see where it lead, if anyplace...
That new thread will be in Horse Nutrition...
:runninghorse2:...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts