The Horse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to show off my little girl :) She is three years old 14.3hh and still growin! AQHA of course and Im training her myself! she has done sooo well :D What do you think? i cant put this in the critique section cause the photos arent good enough to critique:( ha

This is Felicity <3

She was calling her friends haha

She was soo perky haha

I just like this one...

Walkin around :)

She didnt appreciate my fashion :/ haha

Thats it for now, thanks everyone!!

·
Registered
790 Posts
She's adorable! I love the last picture...the sun just makes it perfect! She's a good looking little filly, only thing I noticed is she has a rather short neck for the rest of her, but that can be worked around! And she's got a tiny poof mane like one of my mares! LOL love it!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I think she's beautiful! I love her fluffyness, shes like a gaint teddy bear haha

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks you guys!! yeah she does have a really short neck :/ but oh well i love her for it haha

And hopefully when I start taking care of her mane and tail they will both grow back out again!! (one of the other horses ate her tail :mad:

She is sooo fluffy in the winter, but you should see how dark she gets in the summer!!

btw--she is at a rescue where i volunteer soo i mostly got her for that reason :) and we have an amazing bond.

Tell me about you and your horses bonds!! :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She has the best personality ever!! I dont know a horse like her :)

we race together in the pasture and I can actually ride her bare back and bridleless, and she is only three!! and Im only thirteen and i trained her....sorry to brag...

but is it just me or is that kinda rare?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I also trained my horse by myself. Got her when she was 1/2 year old and everything she can do now she learned from me. I got her when I was 13 years old.
I never had any problems with her, she always was a good girl and learned quickly.

So you're not the only young person with a young horse =)

·
Registered
64 Posts
The first saddle she had on her back was an english one. They are not so heavy...
I often lunged (hope thats the right word for having a horse on a long rope and letting it ran around you?) her with this saddle.
Alongside I leaned over her back first, and later I sat onto her back for some seconds. Then I let someone walk beside her and hold her. First without saddle, later with sattle.
Then I did reins on the halter and tried to ride alone. That worked very good so I did that about 3 times a week just walk on a riding place.
Later I tried it with a snaffle bit and than I tried to go out with her.
All of these things worked without any problems.
Later I tried trott and canter, too.
And that I bought her western saddle =)

I also took some riding lessons than to be able to do a little western riding.
But I'm not too good on it.

(And yes, there are lots of western riders in Germany :p even if you don't believe it :p (Many people here said, they didn't imagine that we have Western in Germany... :D ))

I hope the specific "horse vocabulary" is right in my text...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts