The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering who all loves to take photos? Anyone here trying to start a career in photography? If you have a website or any pics to post, show them! :D
Also what camera do you use? I use a Kodak Easyshare Z915.

For now I've got a BlueCanvas, as I'm trying to sell some of my photos...I've only put a few of my works up, but here they are: equus1016's Canvas - BLUECANVAS.com profile, Online Art Gallery, Artist Social Network and also my photobucket album with the most current images I've taken: http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee198/Imago_Dei/Other/

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
I adore taking pictures! If you go to the horse photos section I post a new thread like twice a week of pictures of Lacey. haha
I mostly take pictures of animals... I'm not super awesome at it yet but yknow, it's coming. Currently this is my favorite shot:

I use a Kodak EasyShare C713 for most of my pictures. All my fish pictures are taken with an older Nikon though because the fish move too fast for my Kodak! Haha I probably just haven't found the right setting on my Kodak yet...

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I adore taking pictures! If you go to the horse photos section I post a new thread like twice a week of pictures of Lacey. haha
I mostly take pictures of animals... I'm not super awesome at it yet but yknow, it's coming. Currently this is my favorite shot:

I use a Kodak EasyShare C713 for most of my pictures. All my fish pictures are taken with an older Nikon though because the fish move too fast for my Kodak! Haha I probably just haven't found the right setting on my Kodak yet...
Haha, I am a floater through the Horse photos section. :wink: I enjoy checking out your new pics of Lacey, she's a cute girl. I'm a secret Arabian addict. =P
That's a very good photo!! I have a hard time taking pictures through glass, although these three turned out really nicely.

Yeah, I understand. I get most of my good shots by accident, and learning from that and doing it over again! I'm the only one in the family with any sort of artistic talent...so I've had to teach everything to myself, so no worries about still getting better.:D My aunt and uncle are pro. photographers in NY, so I've learned a lot from them, but I still have a long way to go. :lol:

Do you have an action setting on your Easyshare? I've found for animals that setting is the best, or if you have a manual setting, I know mine does, but it's a few grades up from yours. If you do, you should be able to play around with the settings and change the shutter speed, so it'll take the pic faster.

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
I like to pretend :) I have a nice camera, but I sure as heck don't know much about it! I'm looking forwards to it being a life-long hobby for me - I LOVE documenting life through a lens.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I enjoy it but I'm not very good. I would love to be a wildlife photographer, take photos for cards and calendars ect.. I use a Richo R8. :)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like to pretend :) I have a nice camera, but I sure as heck don't know much about it! I'm looking forwards to it being a life-long hobby for me - I LOVE documenting life through a lens.

What type of camera do you have? :shock: The detail it captures is phenomenal!!! I love looking at pics of Denny when you post them, he seems like the perfect photogenic horse!! :D

I enjoy it but I'm not very good. I would love to be a wildlife photographer, take photos for cards and calendars ect.. I use a Richo R8. :)

Oh wow!!! I really like the first one! It gives a unique perspective shot! :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi right now i'm thirteen, i took these last year when i was twelve. I love taking photos of nature and animals.

This first one i snapped was when we were driving home after a school production, i thought the sunset was amazing.

And this one won me third place in a small competition.

This was simply taken in my backyard.

And this too.

And this is one of my lovely dogs, she's about nine and acts like she's two.

Thanks, everybodys pictures are amazing.

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
What type of camera do you have? :shock: The detail it captures is phenomenal!!! I love looking at pics of Denny when you post them, he seems like the perfect photogenic horse!! :D

Thank you very much! Yes, he's awesome to photograph... always has his ears up... silly boy! He even has his ears pricked in the one racing photo I have of him :p I use a Nikon D5000

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you very much! Yes, he's awesome to photograph... always has his ears up... silly boy! He even has his ears pricked in the one racing photo I have of him :p I use a Nikon D5000
Oh wow!!!! That's a nice camera!!!! :D Yeah, his facial expressions give me the impression he's a really friendly guy with loads of personality. :)

TaMMa89, you are really good!!! I love love love the photos you put up of the flowers!!!! :) The detail is awesome!!!

eventnwithwinston, I like your style. :) You've got quite an artistic eye. =)

·
Registered
753 Posts
what you think of oscars eye? lol

Attachments

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I do some amateur shoots with my friends, animals, people who want me to help them. I don't want a career in it, but it is a nice hobby. I have a Fujifilm S1500, Nikon D90, and a Canon Rebet XT. If I could go professional that would be great, but I am fifteen now, so I don't think that will be happening anytime soon. :p

·
Registered
502 Posts
Oh wow!!!! That's a nice camera!!!! :D Yeah, his facial expressions give me the impression he's a really friendly guy with loads of personality. :)

TaMMa89, you are really good!!! I love love love the photos you put up of the flowers!!!! :) The detail is awesome!!!

Thank you very much :) That means a lot !

·
Registered
398 Posts
It tech class we did photography. I got some really good shots. But we used oldschool film cameras so I cant put on here. It was really hard yet fun at the same time.

The dark room is well DARK. you can literaly see nothing. The film can get ruined sooo easily.

·
Super Moderator
22,680 Posts

Thank you! I added some winter pictures today.

·
Registered
910 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
I do :) I have a small business and do custom lifestyle portrait photography Beaufort SC Photographer | Family Newborn Children Maternity or CecilliaB.com/blog We moved last year so I have not done allot of fun stuff, mostly work over holiday portrait season but I will be having some fun this summer and get some of the horses! So glad there are more of us! I used to hobby shoot horse shows and local jousting events when we lived in San Diego.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.