The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just wondering how many FFA kids and alumnis we have out there? Doesn't nessasarily have to be horse judging, anything works:) I'm from Minnesota and do horse judging!:D

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
My son is currently a FFA member, he doesn't have any interest in horses though, he showes pigs! At first I thought pigs were dirty and boring, but they are funny little guys, you rub their bellys and they will roll over like a dog...lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I'm an FFA alumna, I raised steers, heifers, pigs and lambs, also did horse judging. I loved FFA!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Was in FFA during High School, 2006-2009. Loved it... really made HS bearable for me- LOL. :shock:

I look back and wish I would have done horse judging, but I can't complain. I did livestock judging, raised goats and a steer, and did floral judging. Was good fun and I miss those days!

Reactions: eleora9001

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I just joined FFA my Junior year and so far I like it. I cant really afford any of the trips, which is kind of a bummer for me, but Id love to do horse judging. With our local fair we still have to go to all 4H horse project meetings to be able to show through FFA, which they have their reasons, but I still go through 4H.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
768 Posts
I did FFA through high school and became an officer. I was mostly on the horse judging team.

I do remember though during one of the state meets we had a person that couldn't go that was on the livestock judging team. They needed four people so they volunteered me to go with them. I felt like an idiot because I had no idea how to judge sheep and pigs. I saw people feeling them so I randomly squeezed them LOL.

I felt even more stupid when I had to give reasons in front of the judge because I had no idea what to say. I ended up saying "I placed pig number 2 above pig 1 because he was more pink than the other one and more visually appealing!" LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.