The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
In 2005 I 'lost' my beloved horse and despite everything I remained determined to do everything I could to get him back.

In 2018 I did eventually find Joe and he's now back home with me :)

He was not dead, He was not in a bad place (Well he went to some questionable homes) but he's home safe.

I thought I'd share that with y'all since I'll be doing a video

Oh he did miss me, he remembered me, and we are now like nothing ever happened. We act like the last 13 years were nothing :)

So if anyone out there is looking for their horse, Don't give up! IT took me 13 years but yea, I continued and I did find him :)

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
Hey everyone, I'm the gal that was looking for her horse from 2005 till well when I was on here last haha. I'm really sorry for how my attitude was and I've changed a lot.

I have some awesome news. In 2018 I did find Joe and he's back home with me :)

He was not dead, He was not in a bad place (Well he went to some questionable homes) but he's home safe.

I thought I'd share that with y'all sense I'll be doing a video and sharing what y'all said in his documentary. :)

Oh he did miss me, he remembered me, and we are now like nothing ever happened. We act like the last 13 years were nothing :)

So if anyone out there is looking for their horse, Don't give up! IT took me 13 years and you all can read the old posts on here about what people thought. But yea, I continued and I did find him :)
This is really heartwarming news. MUST have pics!

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
Yay! So happy for you! Welcome back!

One of my horses found me one time.....back in HS I traded my well trained Paint horse for a kooky Arabian. The Paint moved to New Jersey from Texas, and was purchased by a lady for her daughter to show. She traced me from the papers, and sent me some beautiful pictures and wonderful letter about them!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yay! So happy for you! Welcome back!

One of my horses found me one time.....back in HS I traded my well trained Paint horse for a kooky Arabian. The Paint moved to New Jersey from Texas, and was purchased by a lady for her daughter to show. She traced me from the papers, and sent me some beautiful pictures and wonderful letter about them!
Awe that's awesome :) hehe, Yea I was out training a horse in April of 18 and my husband JUMPS out of my rig and says "Baby I think we found JOE!" This was like 12 years 8 months by this time and I was training, so I said "yea, sure okay... I'll check it out when I'm done" I got done and I checked out the pictures and I was really shocked to see he looked very similar, more then most i've seen in the last years.

So i got ahold of the seller, and got in the group. Followed my leads like I always did...

We ended up going to california 667 miles away from us and I looked at the horse and it was Joe!

She decided to donate joe to me and the next 3 months we prepared to bring him home. That was hell but I figured I waited that long I can wait 3 months

So he's home, He's finally healthy after a scare when he first came back and I'm back to riding and I'm going to compete with him :) he's got so much life left. :) it's amazing.

He's going on 24 this year, but I know he's got a lot to give still. i've thought of retiring him, but he's just not ready.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
what an amazing story, I really admire your drive to find your heart horse :love: Congratulations a million times, I'm so happy for you two! Joe can live out his years with the girl he loves now :)

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
A really heartwarming story, I'm so happy for you!

Reactions: JoBlueQuarter
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.