549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Videos of my new horse! CALLAWAY! it is me riding. but not my facility!:D

CALLAWAY-
7 years old
bay
TB
Gelding

he's had dressage training, cross country schooling, and does jumpers!

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
You're a lovely rider. Love how supple you are. I really like your new guy. He's very responsive to your leg and your aids. When are you bringing him home? excited to see more videos of the two of you.

Congrats on you new mount:D

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he was my new horse until about 2 hours ago we found out he is lame in his hind leg. =( he seemed like the perfect horse for me! Great temperment, just right for me to handle, easy jumper.. but I can't risk having anything lame =(

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
I was going to say he looked off in his hind end, and he certainly looked a little 'bucky', which may have been him saying "I'm uncomfortable..."

At any rate, I'm sorry he won't work out for you...did the vet say it was something permenant or something that may have just popped up? He certainly is a beautiful horse, and I hope he still can have a good career.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
That's a shame. He looked like a lovely horse. Good thing you figured out about his lameness issue now vs later. Comes to show, a vet check is always a good idea eh.
With the market being what it is, there are a lot of horses being put for sale for very good prices. Keep on searching, I have no doubt in my mind you will find the right one for you.

Good Luck with your search :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts