Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick update on my knee:
http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/knee-injuries-healing-what-do-etc-28324/
http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/cartilage-cap-coming-off-bone-knee-37101/

I met with my surgeon today. He is an extremely nice, caring man whom I feel very comfortable with - this bodes very well! We talked about what's been going on with my knee, and we're going ahead with a surgery date of Feb 1, 2010. I have a bone scan next week to see if something happening with my femur (fracture, or something else) isn't the cause of my pain, just in case, but he's confident saying that we will be meeting in the OR in the new year.
In the mean time, I'm still banned from riding, and anything else that aggravates my knee. Poop.

·
Super Moderator
22,673 Posts
Nice to hear :).

Perhaps things start to go ahead now.

Hope you can be back on a saddle asap.

·
Chat Moderator
3,744 Posts
You haven't forgetten that much, I was off for over a year. with only one ride in there. And you know more than I do. You will be fine.

Allie, relax it will be fine, I'll be praying for a quick recoverty for you.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Sweet so now you have competition :lol: I'll be up and riding while you're off. We're playing opposite positions on this one :twisted: or at least for now...let's see what next brings for me :?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I put too much strain on my knees while I was growing (don't start your horses too soon people!). I had an x-ray and an MRI in October but with the swineflu taking up most of the the neighborhood doctors' time and me being very busy I haven't gotten the results yet. Thankfully it doesn't hurt too bad if I just rest my knee, but I haven't been able to excercise decently for 2 years now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.