The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally have new videos taken of me riding here at school. I'm riding my current school horse, Cash. He's a barrel racing Thoroughbred but I'm currently using him for jumping and he does really well. Honestly, I think his basic flatwork sucks and he's really hard to ride so my riding position, I know, falls apart. But critique away! Be as harsh as you can, I want it! :)

VIDEO 1
Amber Mae Gipp | Facebook

VIDEO 2
Amber Mae Gipp | Facebook

VIDEO 3
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1277682148578#/video/video.php?v=1277682148578&ref=nf

Things I know I need to work on:

-Keep my shoulders back

-Sit tall and look where I'm going

-Put bend in my elbows

(Let me know of anything else!) :)

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Great riding!!
Heres the things I see:
-hold your reins with your thumbs up and pinkies down. It looked like you were holding them like you were playing a piano
-try to point your toes more forward- parallel with the horse or pointed a bit towards his nose.
-I didn't see a helmet!!!! Its your choice, but I personally wouldn't want my brains smashed if something were to happen. My barns require a certified helmet whenevermounted

You had a pretty strong seat and looked confident and as if you were having fun. Legs looked good (i'm always having trounble with those) and you look comfortable.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great riding!!
Heres the things I see:
-hold your reins with your thumbs up and pinkies down. It looked like you were holding them like you were playing a piano
-try to point your toes more forward- parallel with the horse or pointed a bit towards his nose.
-I didn't see a helmet!!!! Its your choice, but I personally wouldn't want my brains smashed if something were to happen. My barns require a certified helmet whenevermounted

You had a pretty strong seat and looked confident and as if you were having fun. Legs looked good (i'm always having trounble with those) and you look comfortable.
Thank you! :) Someone finally critiqued me! lol We aren't required to wear a helmet doing flatwork but for jumping we are. And I'm really trying to work on pointing my toes forward because my instructor is always telling me to point them forward.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not on facebook, so I can't see them.
You should be able to view them. They're set to public view so anyone can see them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.