Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all!

So I used to team pen when I was younger just for fun. I like that it is a different activity for my barrel horses to sort of let them know that not always when entering an arena is it a full speed race. I'd like to find some team penning or ranch sorting near me. I found a few but they are all at dude type ranches where you ride their horses.

I'm not on facebook or I'd search there. Can anyone point me in a direction to find some? Again, I am not going to be highly competitive.

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Check with local arenas or barns. Team penning requires cows and a place to keep them. Maybe a local rodeo arena.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check with local arenas or barns. Team penning requires cows and a place to keep them. Maybe a local rodeo arena.
I have looked at the local arenas schedules and have not seen it. I wondered if there was a national association that I am not finding (maybe I'm using the wrong search terms) which may lead me to a local association. Like NBHA but for team penning/sorting.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Where in AZ are you located?

Rockin' A in Queen Creek does sorting on Tuesdays and Saturdays, I think.

I also believe that Rattlesnake Arena in San Tan Valley does penning.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where in AZ are you located?

Rockin' A in Queen Creek does sorting on Tuesdays and Saturdays, I think.

I also believe that Rattlesnake Arena in San Tan Valley does penning.
I'm in Tucson. I wouldn't mind hauling up to Queen Creek occasionally though. It's not too bad of a drive.

Thanks so much!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.