The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needless to say, I am going to be very very sore in the morning. However, I am really excited, the coach I am working with now is someone I can see myself learning A LOT from (she competes in Grand Prix dressage) and she's determined to fix all of my many bad habits, which is a good thing! Painful, but good!

She says that for the next couple of weeks, she's going to give me lessons on the lunge line. I've only had a couple of lunge lessons and definitely nothing like I'm going to get starting next week.

Anyways, just thought I'd share the exciting news. :)
Here's a picture of the guy I'm riding, his name is Pour Quoi. I hope the picture shows up, since it's uploaded to facebook.

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
Congrats on your first lesson in quite some time! I hope all goes well and I am excited to hear the update!

Love his name LOL!

So where in B.C are you from Carleen?

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
I'm from Quesnel. Grew up riding there, and Prince George, Williams Lake, Kelowna and Kamloops.

So how did your lesson go?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh neat, I used to go up to Kelowna a lot. I have family in Kamloops plus we have property near Barriere so we drive through Kamloops every summer.

It went good, my coach is really wanting to get to me to fix all of my position issues before even thinking about anything else which I am actually really happy about. She noticed that I have a tendency to lean to the left constantly which I then noticed as I was driving home that I seem to do it all the time. Not sure if it's just uneven muscle on the different sides of my back or what, but I hope it's not going to be a terrible fix. My other terrible habit is staring at the back of my horse's head. I'm not sure what's so interesting back there, but at least I have someone reminding me now when I do it.

It feels good to be back in lessons for sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.