The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG I had my first full Gallop on Chance today!!!! and OMG that mare can RUN!!!!!

We went on a 2nd beach ride with my friend and her horse. On the way back we decided to have some fun and canter them up and down the straight away. After a while my friend asked if we could just let them out and run! I galloped Chance before but NOTHING like this! I let my friend get ahead and take off then asked Chance... she have maybe 2 strides of canter then her back end sprang into action and she bolted forward FULL gallop!! OMG my stomache dropped!! I galloped her in the arena before but NOTHING like this. She came right back to a stop like nothing happened and wasnt even warm! I was over there like HOLY **** lmaoooooo.

Anyways beach ride was fun! I had to get off her because she wasnt sure about going down the hill towards the water but once I got off she followed me right down [talk about trust?!!] and this mare who use to take off at teh sight of a bird walking was following me into the huge ocean!! She trusted me the whole time and was very LB and even resting her leg! Shes a hot breed 2!! My friend got a few pictures I gotta wait for her to upload them. I just cant believe the trust she put into me! She listened and was very calm when I kept her away from teh other horse even in teh middle of somewhat of a highway!!! She USE to prance when I tried to do that. I just cant believe how far we have come!!

I never once in my life imagined doing what I have with Chance!!

·
Registered
965 Posts
NICE!!! I remember my first gallop too lol. I was bareback, and it was amazing!! Congrats on your first gallop ride!

·
Registered
965 Posts
Haha! Thats funny cuz it sorta feels like that at first just since they are pushing soooo hard to get up to speed, but I actually like it better than with the saddle. You would be fine, give it a try when you know how it feels under the saddle and you feel comfortable. I guarantee you will LOVE it!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Congrats on your first gallop. I haven't opened up Cutter yet but I hope to in the near future.

·
Registered
7,738 Posts
The first gallop is the best! Congrats!
I haven't galloped Lacey yet but this summer we should get plenty of opportunities. Heehee

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Sounds like it was a great day :D

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone!!!!

It was deffinately the best way to end my holiday vacation!!! :D

Im still waiting on my friend to get the pictures up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts