The Horse Forum banner

First October Friday Night Conversation

2167 41
How is everyone? I hope doing well. Getting cooler here I am so loving it/

Big doings here at Aubie house today. Its Remington's birthday. He is 7. Well I say that.dont really know what to do. Everyday is like birthday and Christmas rolled into one for that dog.

Maybe I will get him a little steak or something when at grocery store for supper. What are you having?

Or is it going out tonight?

Anything else going on this weekend?

Anything and everything welcome. And of course all the great pictures.

Amber Font Peach Brand Event
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

Registered
Happy Friday!

Happy birthday to Remington as well. I hope he has a great day! 馃巶馃コ

Our weather has been miserable all week. It's colder, around 10C/48F and we've had strong winds, torrential rain and heavy showers.

I was at the yard this morning. The fields are saturated and turning to deep, welly-sucking mud in places. It's getting harder to keep things dry. I managed to get a short ride just as the light improved after 8am and Blaze seemed very happy to be out and about and jogged most of the way. We had to turn back early to avoid a shower dumping apocalyptic levels of rain though.

Plans for later include housework, laundry, then working in the garden. I don't need to cut the grass, hopefully that'll be it until next year, but I've bushes and dead foliage needing trimmed. I'll also need to gather rubbish blown over from a neighbour's house. She's getting her roof re-felted and workmen removed the clay tiles yesterday leaving her with a temporary cover, however it did not survive the stormy shower this morning.

On Saturday or Sunday - depending on the weather - I'm meeting with a friend to shoot a few arrows. I've been using stretchy bands and this will be my first time with a bow. It'll be a light draw weight, training version, so that I don't re-damage my hand. Hopefully I can get back to my own bow in a few weeks.

I had chicken soup for lunch. It'll probably be salmon and veg for tea. I bought a load of fish from our local merchant yesterday afternoon, he buys fresh from the ports each morning and he had a nice selection.

Have a good day everyone!

Registered
@Dreamcatcher Arabians - I'll need to have a go at that recipe for praline, I've only ever had the european chocolate version My hand is a lot better, thanks. I've still got limited movement in my pinky and I'm get bouts of tingling. It's aching tonight but I've been asking a lot more of it today. It's been wrapped in a heat pad for the last ten minutes.

@QtrBel - Not as busy as I thought I'd be :D. The workmen cleared the rubbish out of garden and into their skip, a friend called and we chatted for an hour and it was too wet for the garden. At least I got the laundry done, so I'm counting it as having accomplished something :ROFLMAO:. As people say ' the best laid plans...'

@dogpatch - nope, I get the sprays out for our two or three inch wasp nests. I'd need to sell the house if they moved in.

Tea was salmon and lemon stir fried vegtables and supper was a plate of porridge. The temperature has dropped to 6C/44F now that it's dark and quite late on.

I spent a lot of my afternoon and evening chasing my neighbour's rabbit. She's a bonny little calico. I can't blame the workmen for letting her out as she's an escape artist and has been eating everything in my garden. She either disappears under my sheds when she hears my back door open or waits until I'm close enogh to touch her and then darts under plants. 馃惏:rolleyes: She's still on the run...

Anyway, another half hour and I'm off to bed. There's nothing on tv to keep me up any longer :sleep::sleep::).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts