The Horse Forum banner

First October Friday Night Conversation

2167 41
How is everyone? I hope doing well. Getting cooler here I am so loving it/

Big doings here at Aubie house today. Its Remington's birthday. He is 7. Well I say that.dont really know what to do. Everyday is like birthday and Christmas rolled into one for that dog.

Maybe I will get him a little steak or something when at grocery store for supper. What are you having?

Or is it going out tonight?

Anything else going on this weekend?

Anything and everything welcome. And of course all the great pictures.

Amber Font Peach Brand Event
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Super Moderator
Happy Birthday Remington 馃帀

7. I have Pralines- real pralines from a shop on Bourbon St.馃槏馃槏. DH鈥檚 co-worker and his family went to New Orleans for a few days. I asked if they would please bring me some real Pralines and they did. I will have to make this box of eight last a long time馃崼馃崼
I make pralines every year for Christmas. Let me know if you've finished those and I'll send you some.

@Caledonian Chicken soup is one of my favorites. That was lunch for the past two days. Sounds like you're busy with all the things on my to do list.

Supper? At this point no idea. Lunch today is last nights left overs 馃構 (fajita quesidillas). Hoping there is one last 馃.

Aside from an appointment I have today free. I plan on enjoying no kids except mine for the next 5 days including today.
With the weather so nice and the opportunity to run my errands today I plan on riding and working baby this weekend.

Super Moderator
The New Orlean's style are what I make. We always called them Blondies. 馃構. They're the bomb.

We had a nest of ground hornets or what we thought were multiple nests that we could never quite get rid of until a family of armadillos moved in. Our yard looked like the streets after a NY ticker tape parade. 馃槼 the hole they excavated was huge. Forever endeared me to their digging ways.

Super Moderator

The little holes that are tunnels would be burrow holes. The caverns could be where they possibly excavated their dinner. Typical is a 6inch surface hole only as deep as grubs or mole crickets or other pests reside.

You'll want to FF to the middle and search through the rest but this is typical for ground hornets. Our nest was massive- much, much bigger as it had likely been there for decades. Now the nests they dig are much smaller. You'll find the papery shell shredded all around as well. As with this video our chickens like picking through any remaining pieces to find those tiny protein packets the armadillos missed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts