The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So durn proud of her! We attempted a canter a couple of days ago in the paddock but there simply isn't enough room - one entire half of it is massive frozen ridges, so I have the length of a fence line to get her attention and ask her. We managed a couple of decent strides, but she was getting annoyed and doing a bit of crowhopping.

So today we went out into the pasture and she did AMAZING. Kind of looky, and I think after this we're going strictly back to steering and leg pressure because she kept wanting to veer for the herd and not listen to me. But no attitude, I got a lovely canter, and she just did overall excellent!

Pets for the good girl! She also has a fantastic stop - I swear she could be a reiner :lol: All I have to do is sit down, touch the reins (not pull) and say whoa and she comes to a dead halt from mid canter. She also knows how to go from a canter to trot or canter to walk as well though, so I'm happy!

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
That's awesome!! :D She is SO darn cute! If she goes missing....

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hehe, thanks guys! She really is a doll. She just handles everything in stride so beautifully - I swear she was annoyed when I was riding Zierra the other day in the pasture, she kept sauntering over to nudge my knee and nuzzle Zierra whenever we were standing!

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
You are doing wonderfully. I watched your vids and yeah, her canter is beautifully smooth. Nice and cadenced as well, especially considering no more training than she has had. Keep up the good work. :D

I still can't get over Alfred Hitchcock on her right flank. LOL.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LMAO, I know! I hate that darn marking! We have a thing over here called "Festival de Voyageur" which is basically a massive French party in the streets to celebrate winter (we're loony toons over here). Anyway, the sort of mascot logo looks almost identical to her flank spot - some lumberjack dude in a toque :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.