The Horse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A month and a half goes by and I got the ok from the doctor, it's healed and I can go back to my normal pole exercise. Apparently I had badly pulled a muscle from my shoulder to my neck and another from my shoulder blade to the back of my ribcage area. I had a request from a photographer friend that wanted to showcase some of my moves in a womens fitness online portfolio he's trying to build and he's missing a pole girl. I told him sure come over! He came over and after I made a list of the moves I knew I would have no problem doing and putting a star next to the ones that showed strength we headed upstairs and with my boyfriend being my spotter ( person who makes I don't hurt myself) I began my tricks from easiest to hardest. Last being my shoulder mount and flagpole.

Now, before I hurt myself I could do a graceful shoulder mount up with slight control. I had no grace coming out of it unless I transitioned into a partnering position and came down that way. Yesterday however was amazing!:D I said he should try to get the motion of the kick up because I couldn't hold it half way through but for his sake I'd try. First try and I did it!!!! I kicked up slowed my lower body and pushed my shoulder into the pole and to balance myself did the best spread my lack of leg flexibility would allow me. I managed to hold it for about 10-15 seconds! I was amazed! So of course I did it again and he got another angle on it this time from the back! I also found out I can control my decent and slowly lower my body back down or if I want to complete the trick and flip myself back over, all from a mid stop! I couldn't do that before! :shock::D

The pictures were great and although I have to build back up the ab structure I had before my injury I'm still very proud of myself! These are the pictures of my shoulder mount! :D In the first I did fill in the background around my foot so it's a little smokey looking.

Attachments

• Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    48.4 KB Views: 53
  • 55.9 KB Views: 52

·
Super Moderator
22,680 Posts
Great pictures and that seems like very skilled motion :).

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Waw talking about someone with good muscle :shock: glad you're feeling better:)

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! I'm a little sore in the tummy area from flexing every I had but it'll go away as soon as I start working on it a bit more. I'm excited about it!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great pictures and that seems like very skilled motion :).
I've been trying to get that hold for so long but I haven't been able to. I'm starting to think maybe before my injury the muscle tissue was already weakening and that's why I wasn't able to, then of course I got hurt, and after that time off now I can. I'll be taking it easy and throwing in a hold once every practice. Now my goal is to perfect my flagpole (I look droppy, my legs hang) and figure out how to pull my body away from the pole and straight out in a shoulder mount.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts