The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! So this weekend is my first time showing Western Western Pleasure. I still need a blanket for my sorrel horse. What colors would look good on her?
https://oi349.photobucket.com/albums/q378/Katelyn_L_03/IMG_20180518_115319_094_zpsdlvg7avp.jpg
https://oi349.photobucket.com/albums/q378/Katelyn_L_03/IMG_1054_zpstkvowlgm.jpg
Also, on a little bit of a different note, I've always had problems with keeping my hair up for showing English. I always manage to keep it up but I'm always worried it's gonna fall out of my helmet while I'm in the ring. I've tried looking up ways to keep it up and I have bought things that should work but nothing works and my hair keeps falls out. Usually I have to stuff it up in my helmet right before I go into the ring.

·
Super Moderator
14,681 Posts
Use a hair net, depending on length and thickness of your hair it can be a fine light one or one much heavier and crocheted..
Tie it back, net it and flip it up...have someone hairspray it so the loose pieces have stickem...
Put your helmet on and don't take it off till done for the day or it isn't going back up without a fight, especially if you are at all sweaty & damp.

Blanket....teal.
Either with a pattern or plain depending upon what your clothing is.
A rich deep teal color.
:runninghorse2:...
jmo...

·
Super Moderator
26,875 Posts
For a sorrel you can do Blues and greens really well. If you don't have colors blacks are good to. For western pleasure you can get away with a pony tail at the nape of your neck with a nice barret if you want. You can also braid it and then spin it into a bun at the nape of your neck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So it’s been a really long time but the show went great!! I got 1st place in one of my English classes but unfortunately got disqualified in my one Western class because my mare is considered a senior so I had to ride one handed and have only rode one handed once before. She was being kinda naughty and I touched the reins with my other hand. It was fun though!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
You have those foot-free stirrups for English looks like? I think they may be backwards. Curve goes to the outside. Otherwise they are not functioning as a "safety stirrup" . Glad your show went well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That could be very possible! I got them when I was younger and didn’t really know much about that stuff and my trainer put them on in a rush. I’ll ask about it!! It could also be possible that I twisted them around funny

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.