The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have two Arabs, 15 hands, and 15.2 hands. Both wear blankets ranging from 69-72 based on the brand and style. For example in Weatherbeetas (which run large) they wear a 69. But in Baker Stable blankets they wear 72s. Both horses measure 70 1/2" from center of chest to center of tail but it's almost impossible to find blankets sized 70!

So, I was about to order a new Rhino midweight turnout and was surprised to see on the Horseware Ireland website, that they say whatever size blanket your horse wears in other brands, you take off 4" for a turnout and 7" for a stable blanket!! ??? :shock:

Hu? That cannot be right. So my 15.2 hand 1,050 pound horse is going to now going to have to wear a 64" Pony rug??? 9 out of 10 tack stores don't even sell something in the 64" range in the Rhino or Rambo. You have to find specialty stores that carry the Pony line.

Can anyone tell me how your Rhinos and Rambos fit?

I have an Amigo fly sheet and it's a 69" and fits them fine. Also a Rambo fly sheet that's a 70" and fits them fine. This is the first I've heard about having to take inches off. Is that something new? It's been a few years since I bought the others so maybe things have changed???

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I herd they do fit a little different. Check out places like dover and smartpak.com to get reviews on the blankets. People will usually comment about sizing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.