The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Sale L'eggo My Eggo "Eggo" 16.3h 8yr Belgian Qh cross gelding, perfect ground manners, 100% sound, no vices, bomb proof. Currently used for trail and field work. Easy keeper, doesnt need shoes, low feed requirement he mostly eat a straight hay diet. Nice mover, working on lead changes, clears 3'6 with room to spare. -trail/field work-fox hunt prospect-cross country prospect-driving prospect- Make and offer, sold to a good home only. leave a post if interested or if you have any questions.
HTML:

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
Oh, I'm sorry you have to sell Eggo. Do you mind sharing why your are parting with him? I wish that I could buy him, I have always thought he was gorgeous.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not exactly ready to sell yet, it was my trainers recomendation, I want something that I can win the hunters on at Devon and you need a tb or wb to do that. he's not fond of ring work, but he's an awesome backyard horses. we just won our division and then the best time (1min45sec too slow) in our local hunter pace, that's the sort of stuff he lives for and that's the kinda stuff I just wanna do for fun, not all the time. I'm not setting a price, I wanna know who you are and aprove the home before we make this about money. if your the kinda home I want for him we can talk out the price later. I rather get a lil less for him and get him a great home then get more than I expected for him and a bad match.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my zip code is 19047, I'm just about 30mins north east of Philly. I'm willing to transport him myself if need be.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
depending on your exact location your around 1hr45min away (center of east Stroudsburg to my zip code)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
depending on your exact location your around 1hr45min away (center of east Stroudsburg to my zip code) and I said east and ment west ... oops. what kind of riding do you do? where do you keep your horses?

·
Registered
785 Posts
I wanna start doing cross country. I have my horse at a friends barn until mine is finished. I'm remodeling an old cow barn into a horse barn and fencing in a lot of pasture. Its nice because I can keep an eye out and make sure nothings going wrong.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats wonderful. Are you interested in pictures?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
You dont need a wb or a tb for devon, but of course the judgest probably like them better. If you've never been to devon you probably wont "win" your first year anyway.

I am in bucks county, you are probably close. Send me some pictures if he hasnt found a home yet. I might know someone looking. What is the price range? 500-1000 1000-2000... so on. Most people I know on a budget dont look at horses unless they have some type of price on them.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

(ignore the eq, the girl riding is not me)

(ditto)

(ditto)

(very old, bareback with just 1 lead)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im not talking this year, I plan on finishing a green tb so its gonna be a process ing the making. I ride with Jentri Stables and need a competetive show hunter (tb or wb). Hes an excelent foxhunter and competetive trail horse. Im looking for around 9,500 obo.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
He looks like a nice mover. Do you have any of him jumping higher? Or with a better rider? What is he trained in/ what have you showed? You probably wont get 10k for him unless hes got great training and is cross trained.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Guessing your at stepping stone? I am thinking about looking at a horse for lease there. All I got is a phone number of the owner though. I dont really have any other information about the horse. The girl is away at school and her mom's name is Lisa.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
im taking more pictures this weeked, in the 3' range, price is more than negotiable. i would accept around $5000 with out a problem as long as its a good home.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
****Price Negotiable****

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
You could probably get around 5k-7k. If I were you I would start advertising after a show season (if you show him.) Plus shows are a great place for photos and video. You could probably advertise him as a dressage horse, well more likely just a prospect. He does jump nice but hes stocky and a little bulky. I would seriously look at him if I didnt have two already.

That photo in the sand arena looks really nice, (except for the rider's hollowed back.) It looks like he's in a two rein-bit. If so, you should be using two reins for sale photos.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hes posted on dream horse for $5,500 which i think is respectable. He will ride in rings, but he isnt enthusiastic about it. Hes a heavy hunter. Those pictures are very old and he has come a long way since then. Im taking newer pictures on saturday. He has no real tuck over those jumps because they are very small. A friend of mine who competes in prechildrens eq is going to ride him for me so we can get better pictures of him jumping in the 2'9 to 3'6 range, thats where he excels. Hes an attractive and very natural hunter pace / fox hunter, thats what i would like to sell him as. He rides in a pelham which typically is used with a snaffle and curb rein, he had a coupler on in that picture because i noticed cracks in my old bridle and reins last minute before the fun show. I had to borrow a headstall and reins and thats the best i could find.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.