The Horse Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
What are your favorite, cheapest ($1000 and below) flexible-tree dressage saddles? My horse has high withers and a narrow body. Flexible trees are a must. I love the classic elegant dressage style, but I’m really looking for anything flexible and within my price range. Even used saddles. Foam panels are a plus, but not a requirement. And I love leather detailing (like designs/floral patterns).
Thank you for your input!

·
Registered
656 Posts
I'll be honest, I have never heard of a flexible tree dressage saddle. So, I did a quick search and have now seen that this is a new design in saddles. (At least, new to me). Along my search I only came up with one brand of flexible tree dressage saddles...Dressage Saddles - Premium Flex-Tree FREEDOM Holistic Saddles (mondialind.com) You won't find flexible tree dressage saddles on your traditional dressage sites like Dover, Dressage Extension etc--you will find adjustable tree saddles however. Good luck in your search!

Reactions: horsegirl999

·
Registered
70 Posts
Not all flexible trees are best fit for a particular horse. And most of them not cheap either. For example FairFax, MaxFlex, Dynamic Saddles.
And telling my story my horse has huge wither + hollows + close to flat back + narrow (by my thoughts). And I couldn't find him anything until I called a fitter. She said that in my case fitting for the wither is wrong because he has big shoulders. All Kieffers (promoted for high withers were too tight for him). And we found him saddle (like Antares) with shimming for hollows.
So for future in case of difficult back I will definitely go for saddle fitter. Saddle fitter once is cheaper than vet (always more that once :))

1 - 3 of 3 Posts