The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sold my horse to the previous owner who bought him for her son. I took a loss in exchange for knowing he will have a good home. He has a very nice/correct mouth but is due for a float. I felt some points in the back of his mouth and from what I could see, there were no sores etc. He isn't showing any signs of having bad teeth. I have to get a coggins pulled on him and I feel somewhat guilty/bad if I don't have his teeth done. She is getting a healthy great horse for a good price. What would you guys do? I'm on the fence with this. :-?

·
Registered
426 Posts
You love the horse.. go ahead and have it done. It he new owner is a NEW HORSE OWNER they may not understand about having that done. I would go ahead and do it. For everyone sake.

Rhonda

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She has been breeding horses for years so she in not a new owner. I'm up in the air with it. His teeth aren't horrible, she is getting a good deal on him. I have a little time to think it over.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It would be polite to go ahead and have them done, but since she's already getting a good deal you might consider letting her know that he's coming due for a float and asking if she'd like to split the cost. Since it's not urgent, it doesn't really have to be your responsibility, but it would sure be nice of you to either take care of it or offer to split. As a horse buyer, it's something I would really appreciate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.