The Horse Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried this today on ice he had not one tick on him. Sprayed his legs belly chest under neck,tail ,ears under jaw. An base of mane.

The ticks are really bad this year,I walk out in pasture an have 15 plus ticks on me within minutes.

Material property Font Electric blue Transparency Magenta

·
Super Moderator
17,506 Posts
I'm sorry ramboo but did you read that label carefully???

What jumps out to me is PET USE APPLIES TO ONLY ON DOGS
Sure it can be used in premises or ground for all other application pictured but it says ON DOGS ONLY.
I saw when I expanded more the horse fly spray thing...but it seems there may be 2 styles of this as premise or animal application safe.

Now, there is one of these that is saying horse fly spray but not sure it is what you have...
I found this on Tractor Supply website...
Liquid Fluid Bottle Rectangle Gas

There is a difference in picture and bottle appearance when you compare what you are holding to what is on that website for horse fly spray...
Please, please double check what you have is safe for the horses... I sure hope it is just a different lot number and newer illustrations...
Website by me says $29.99 is no savings over other concentrates honestly, but if it works as a tick repellent than maybe worth gold too...
🐴....

·
Super Moderator
15,498 Posts
That one can be used on livestock. I have used one for cattle that could also be used for horses. Different brand same active ingredient. It didn't have directions for dilution for spray only the pour on directions. I typically don't do pour ons but this year the yellow flies are so bad I'm considering it.

·
Premium Member
Gracie, Lily, Chewy, Sam, Jack and Bill
132 Posts
The best product for long term tick control (as well as flies and other bugs) is Permectrin CDS by Bayer. A close second is Ultraboss. Both are pour on and have the same ingredients…the CDS is slightly more potent though, and a little cheaper. These products were life saving here…literally!

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Has direction for dilution for spraying on horses. I used a bit more concentrate so it was stronger.

Didn't pay 29$ for it only paid 12.50$. keeps ticks off so won't have tick borne sicknesses. Ticks are just thick this year.

·
Super Moderator
15,498 Posts
Ultaboss was what we used on the cows. I think it had piperonyl butoxide added to make the permethrin work better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts