The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, whats the best fly spray to use on my horses?.? Is there any alternate things to use that will keep flys away??,, (dont mean masks or rugs,),, or can anybody recomend the best,cheapest alternate thing, also my horse gets lots of flies around his private parts, what could i use ,,,thanks,,mandy

Registered
Any fly spray would work.
I usually use Cowboy Magic products - some can be expensive and some can be cheap. But they are a pretty good product to use and the flies usually stay away from my boys and their "stuff" when I put it on them.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any fly spray would work.
I usually use Cowboy Magic products - some can be expensive and some can be cheap. But they are a pretty good product to use and the flies usually stay away from my boys and their "stuff" when I put it on them.

Thanks for that,, also can you tell me where to get it from,thank you

Registered
My horse's private parts are getting eaten this year too. We've never had that problem before, and it is so upsetting. Endure is working for me better than Pyrannah, but it still hasn't cured the problem. The bugs seem to be terribly bad in North Carolina this year.

Banned
I bought Endure and iam amazed at how well it works. Used horse and pony oil based spray became inafective after several years use.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found this one,, will this be any good,???
"Fly,midge repellant,100% natural none toxic, water/olive oil base, contains anti-viral,,anti-septic,, and anti bac properties, can be used dirctley on cuts,grazes,bites and stings,",, does this sound any good,, plz help,,

Registered
I have found them at murdochs, sometimes at my local tack places, and I am pretty sure they are online as well.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im also going to get my horse a fly fringe with ears,the flies are terrible at the moment

Registered
I'm with Nvr2many thr Tri Tech is the best I've found, a little pricey at 22 bucks a bottle at TSC but the last time I tried an even slightly cheaper one it was practically just a waste of money. This works.
Posted via Mobile Device

Registered
I'm with Nvr2many thr Tri Tech is the best I've found, a little pricey at 22 bucks a bottle at TSC but the last time I tried an even slightly cheaper one it was practically just a waste of money. This works.
Posted via Mobile Device
I know, I pay 22 and that is low. Have seen it as much as 26.95 :shock: but it is good. I think you can get it online at smartpak for 20 and if you ship on thurs to your barn its free.

Registered
Personally I LOVE Flicks. Its natural. I had to use it last year as I was pregnant and didnt want to breathe in all the stuff in normal sprays. The bugs are terrible here normally so I was actually shocked it worked so well, at first I didnt think it actually would work at all. Flicks All Natural Essential Oil Horse Spray Product Reviews by Customers

Also this may sound crazy but if you take a ziplock bag, put water in it and a couple pennies, it keeps flies away. I know, you would think its just nuts but it DOES work. My horses were boarded for a couple months and the owner of the barn had the bags all over. I asked her as I was confused what they were for. She cant remember who told her but thought she would give it a shot and BAM they actually work.. no bugs in her barn at all. Its a 5 standing 1 box open concept barn.. the horses go in as they please. They all crowd in the barn or wait for their turn when the bugs are out bad. She just tapes a rope around them and hangs them up. You might have even seen a photo of these floating around on facebook lately.

Super Moderator
Found this one,, will this be any good,???
"Fly,midge repellant,100% natural none toxic, water/olive oil base, contains anti-viral,,anti-septic,, and anti bac properties, can be used dirctley on cuts,grazes,bites and stings,",, does this sound any good,, plz help,,
Depends on the active ingredient. Citronella can work but for a lasting spray I have had to go to Tritec.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.