The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you might remember seeing my mare My Kinda September (Katie) in previous threads, like this one--
http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/breeding-quality-mares-critique-51358/page3/#post592222

here she is un-pregnant--

Here is the stallion she is bred to, Rowdy And Ready--

You can see more about both of them on my website ( www.eastowest.com )

So here's an update-- I think we will see a foal before the weekend is through. Katie is 353 days pregnant today. here is what she looked like at day 350-

Here is her udder at day 351--

And here we are last night at 352-- wax and white milk.

Hoping for today/tonight-- will let you all know!

·
Registered
971 Posts
Wow! She sure has changed and looks like she's dropped and is ready any hour now! Goodluck and hope you get color :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wow! Good luck!

I know a mare who is pregnant && she is HUGE!
But we don't know how far she is!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the wishes of luck--

Guess what the sneaky ol' cow (said with love
) did?

I was out there all night last night.... came in about 7:30 AM while the mare was eating breakfast, checked email and posted here, got a bowl of cereal, woke up my daughter, and went back out around 9 AM--

Look what greeted me!

Its an enormous (for Katie) chestnut filly, she has all Appaloosa characteristics and some white hairs on her hips (so there will be more mottling and coloring up to come.). She is 42 inches at the withers, and a really nice kid.

Here is her first stand-up--

Wobbling around-- look how tall, and how FAT!

Here she is about 6 hours old--already wants to know what mom is eatin'.....

AND, all tuckered out.

I am extremely happy with her!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
So whoever guessed Katie would foal a mini-katie wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That filly looks like a sweet little fuzz ball- how fun!!!!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone, I am really enjoying her!

>>> So whoever guessed Katie would foal a mini-katie wins!!!

Yes, for now.... but the new filly has Appaloosa mottled skin, sclera, a striped hoof on an unmarked leg, and white hairs on her hips, so eventually she will not be a Katie-clone, since momma is solid with no Appaloosa characteristics... I am guessing that the filly will also show some Appaloosa roaning, if not by her baby shed, then by her yearling shed. Looks like her mane and tail will come in really light as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.