The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
A lot of these techniques are used in Natural Horsemanship. Like with Pat Parelli and such....It's mostly about teaching your horse that you are its herd leader, and becoming his friend. I'm not entirely sure how to do it from scratch, but my suggestion would be to watch Parelli's "Games of natural horsemanship" then continue on with whatever you have been doing. Eventually the horse will want to be with you.

The only horse I've ever had follow me around without incentive is Jester. But he's very special and sometimes not smart enough to figure out that there is no lead rope on him, ha ha. But I have seen others do it and it is not out of the question. You just have to know body language and such.

You can communicate with your horse on his own terms if you know how. And it doesn't necessarily have to be whip training. My trainer has a little filly she leads around without anything on it and she uses only body language and she spend slots of time with the filly so she knows exactly who is the herd elader and who she wants to be with, not who she has to be with.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.