The Horse Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I am selling my mare, I no longer have a use for this saddle. The seat measures 17" and Oakbark is the color. This is a beautiful saddle, I just have no use for it anymore.

It will come with 54" HDR leathers and also a 54" HDR Oakbark girth.

I am asking $550 obo for it all.

Please note these pictures were taken the day I got the saddle, it was a little dusty.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Would you be willing to see the girth and leathers separately by chance?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would you be willing to see the girth and leathers separately by chance?
Posted via Mobile Device
I am sorry, at this time no. I still have my mare, so I would like to keep my saddle usable until she actually sells.

I will let you know if I do decide to sell separately!

Thanks!

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'm very interested. Just need to force myself to spend the money! This is exactly what I'm looking for. I currently have a 17" CC Advantage, but it only has a medium tree, which is too small for most of the QH's I ride.

How do the billets look? And would you mind measuring the gullet? I would like to compare it to mine, just to make sure.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know you can't see the billets entirely in the first picture, but they are in very good condition. There is hardly any wear. I will get you a better picture tonight as well as a measurement of the gullet for you tonight.

I bought this saddle in December of 2010 with less than 5 rides on it and I bet I haven't ridden in it more than 35 times in the last year, so as far as wear goes, it's very limited.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Thank you!

Yea, it doesn't looked really used at all. How tall are you? I've read reviews on this saddle that say the knee rolls are more forward for a taller person, but it looks to be cut almost the same as my Advantage. I'm about 5'5" and fit my saddle great.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am only 5'2", so it would probably fit you better than me...let me see if I can find a picture of me in it so you can see how my position is.

Edit: Ok not the best picture since I am just sitting (and not in the best "position", but you can see how my leg falls). I think it would be perfect for someone a little taller than me.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Perfect! Thanks.
Let me know about the measurements, and I will check my saddle.
I'm about 90% sure I am going to purchase it, as long as it is a true "wide".

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok here are some pictures with measurements and one close up of the billets. I want to apologize for the tape measure that I had...it was horrible LOL

You can see a little in the first picture I posted that the serial number has a "W" in it. I am pretty sure this is a Wide tree :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Just compared it to my saddle, and they seem to be the same measurements :( I also read online that HDR saddles' "wide" isn't really a true wide.
Aw man, I wish it would have worked out. Thanks for your help though!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts